Some time has now passed since my last footsteps in Africa yet the one man travel plan lives on as I try to write up my experiences and hone my travel writing talents with the aim of publishing and funding more odessies of curiosity.

As well as the writing side I am organsing exhibitions of photgraphs and paintings from my trip, partly for their asthetic beauty and partly so I can share and hopefully inform people about some lesser known parts of the world.

And then there is always the next trip... the journey never ends.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Travel sketches of China and Vietnam



I drew this on a particularly hot afternoon in a restaurant in Hanoi. The staff were taking advantage of a quiet period and having a nap. This meant I could sketch them unawares and capture an atmospheric scene.




This was drawn in Youngshou a town in southern China. The scene just cried out to be drawn.







I spent a couple of days in Nanning a large city near the Vietnam border waiting for a Vietnamese visa. There wasn't a lot to do except draw. I found something strangely beautiful about these ramshackle barges.





No comments: