Some time has now passed since my last footsteps in Africa yet the one man travel plan lives on as I try to write up my experiences and hone my travel writing talents with the aim of publishing and funding more odessies of curiosity.

As well as the writing side I am organsing exhibitions of photgraphs and paintings from my trip, partly for their asthetic beauty and partly so I can share and hopefully inform people about some lesser known parts of the world.

And then there is always the next trip... the journey never ends.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Story So Far


St Nicolas Nantes


Chateau Des Ducs De Bretagne


Cathedrale Saint Pierre

Well I'm in Nantes now and things are going OK but could be better.

My first mission objective was to contact and interview some asylum seekers in or around Calais. To this end I failed miserably I gave myself know where near enough time and didn’t research or prepare adequately. So I have learnt some important lessons in what is proving to be a steep learning curve.


I did manage to interview a lady who works for Secours Catholique, a charity that helps with asylum seekers and other causes. I also interviewed a barman from Calais who spoke good English and was happy to talk about the problem.

Other than this I traipsed around pointlessly with a bad cold that I still have and generally felt out of my depth. Unfortunately I can’t seem to get the footage of my camcorder. So I am of to Nantes city centre, where I am currently, to take some photographs to put on the blog.
More later.

1 comment:

M Belbin said...

Hya

Sorry to read you have a cold. These are to be expected I suppose. Oxford's a dump at the moment so you ain't missing much. Installed a gate at the front of the house about to draw plans for a watch tower soon. What's you problem with uploading video? How far have you got in the process?
Make sure you keep putting posts on because I've gained interest at work and people want to read your escapades.
Ferret out!